The 12th Year Campaign boosts college and financial aid application rates in Washington by helping those working with high school seniors and their families complete applications for college admissions and financial aid.
The 12th Year Campaign provides sites with free financial aid training, and free print/ digital materials for students and families, and helps host virtual statewide financial aid completion events.
12th Year Campaign Student Workbook: This workbook is for high school juniors and seniors. It is a guide for navigating college admissions and financial aid. The handouts below accompany the 12th Year Campaign Junior/Senior Student Workbook:
- ACT/SAT Test-Optional 101
- Admissions and Financial Aid Information for LGBTQ+ Students
- College and Career Pathways: You Have Options
- How to Become an Apprentice
- Military Pathways
- Technical and Specialty Colleges
- What Do We Mean When We Say College?
LINKS TO ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
College Fit/Match and Selection
- http://independence.wa.gov This website is for foster youth. It contains info on college access, scholarships specifically for youth in foster care, jobs, housing, self-advocacy, and more.
- SchoolHouse Connection. Have you experienced homelessness? Are you considered an unaccompanied homeless youth? Find resources to help you pursue your path after high school.
- Think College! Find info about college programs for students with intellectual disabilities.
- The Guaranteed Admissions Program. GAP supports a college-going culture and guaranteed admission efforts at CWU, EWU, TESC, WSU, and WWU. Participating institutions require two criteria for a student to be eligible for guaranteed admissions: (1) A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and (2) Completion of the CADRs or minimum credits needed for 4-year college admission.
- GEAR UP College Application Panel: Features Central Washington University, Tacoma Community College, Pacific Lutheran University, and Clover Park Technical College.
- Family Resources. Easy-to-use resources from Reach Higher and the Common App. Available in English and Spanish to guide you through the application process.
Free Essay Review
- Get Schooled Essay Review. Get Schooled helps you with your essays for college applications and scholarships. Submit your personal statement, supplemental college application essays, and scholarship essays for feedback. They will provide actionable suggestions and feedback within one week.